It is Mozie Monday, and it is also Halloween! So today, Mo tells us how to make a sweet treat for your hair! Perfect for the season, and a sweet treat for your locks!!
Harvest season is here and with that comes falling leaves, yummy food, tricks & treats..... and dry hair! Eeeek! Don't fret, my pet... I've come up with a nourishing recipe that will help keep your locks shining all season long!
More than likely, you have some leftover pumpkin parts from making jack-o-lanterns this year (or you will have some left over from making me pies! lol). Either way, what a fun way to "recycle" some of that delicious waste.
Pumpkins are rich in antioxidants, zinc, vitamins A and C and phytonutrients, which not only protect your hair from UV damage but also smooth, glisten and soften from root to tip!
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Using a food processor or blender, puree your pumpkin
- Combine other ingredients and continue to mix until creamy paste forms
- Saturate your damp hair from root to tip and cover with a shower cap or towel for 30 min.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- This recipe is recommended for all hair types, but will benefit dry/damaged hair the most. If you have extremely greasy hair, feel free to add an 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar to avoid over-moisturizing.
- Use as desired. Please mix fresh batches as needed, do not store.
- Agave Nectar may be used in place of the honey for our vegan friends!