This week, Mozie is back, with an awesome recipe for irritated and dry skin. Our skin can start to FREAK OUT in the fall and winter months, so leave it to our resident beauty guru to share some of her awesome with us!
With winter fast approaching (*shakes fist*) it is important that we put more focus onto keeping our skin as protected as possible. The recipe I have listed below will help all of us do just that by moisturizing and hydrating even the most damaged, sensitive skin. The beauty part, you have these ingredients in your kitchen!
- 1/4 large, ripe banana (about a 2"-3" chunk)
- Cream; heavy or light
- Using a mortar pestle or a small bowl and fork, mash the banana with just enough cream until a smooth, spreadable paste forms.
- Using your fingers, spread mixture onto your face and neck (can be used all over body as well!) and recline for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
- This recipe is recommended for all skin types, including those which have been windburned/sunburned.
- This is a potentially runny mask, because of this it is best that you safeguard hair and clothing before application. Also note that this mask will not dry.
- This recipe is safe to use as desired. Please mix as needed, do not store.