It's "Mozie Monday," so that means Union Riveter Mo Love is bringin' the beauty buzz! Today she has a recipe for a mask that will help keep all skin types skin fresh and glowing during the winter months.
I'm back with another (tasty!) beauty recipe to help keep your skin looking young and fresh through the upcoming cooler months. The recipe listed below is an extremely hydrating scrub that may double as a moisturizing mask. If used frequently, your skin will acquire a beautiful "peaches and cream" glow!
- 1/4 small, ripe peach; peeled
- 1 Tbsp. cream; heavy or light
- 1 Tbsp. ground oatmeal
- 1 tsp. ground sunflower seed meal; almond meal may be substituted
- Using a mortar and pestle or small bowl and fork, mash the peach until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients to form a very creamy paste. You may need to adjust by adding more oats or cream depending on consistency.
- Allow the mixture to thicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Using your fingers, gently massage scrub onto your face and throat. Allow mask to remain on your face for about 5 minutes.
- This recipe is recommended for normal, dry, oily, sensitive and mature skin types. If you have acne or acne rosacea, please feel free to omit the grains so as to not irritate the skin further.
- When using a mask that contains granular ingredients please do not scrub your face and neck! Gently massage the treatment in using a small, circular motions.
- If you are using this recipe as a moisturizing mask, simply apply and recline for 20 minutes then rinse with cool water. Because this mask won't dry, be sure to safeguard your hair and clothing prior to application.
- This recipe is safe to use as desired. Please mix fresh batches as needed, do not store.