Tis the season to eat, drink, and be merry. This is best done among friends and family, and sometimes holiday gatherings call for special drinks. Today, Jen Ell shows us her special Cherry Coke Jello Shot recipe, which is easy to make, travels well, and will be the hit of any holiday gathering!
Today I am going to show you how to make my famous Cherry Coke Jello Shots. Every time I make jello shots these babies are the first to go. They are ridiculously easy. If you can make Jello then you can make these.
Ingredients and Stuff:
- 1 regular box of Cherry Jello
- 1 cup of coke
- 1 cup of vodka
- Portion cups*
- Small pot
- Measuring cup
- Cookie sheet (optional)
*These are the correct kind: http://www.foodservicedirect.com/product.cfm/p/137975/Dixie-Plastic-Translucent-Souffle-Portion-Cup-5.5-Ounce.htm - You should be able to find them in a party supply store. A sleeve of 500 is generally around $5, but unfortunately my store was out, and the ones in the photo were all they had. They will work in a pinch, but the others are better.
1. Arrange your portion cups on a cookie sheet, or in a large container.
2. Measure and pour the coke into the pot and bring it to a boil. Mix in the Cherry Jello. Once all the powder is dissolved pour in the vodka and stir.
2. Pour part of the mixture into your mixing cup.
3. Pour mixture into portion cups.
**Tip...don't drop your cell phone into the shots like I did here...see all the red. I'm still finding Jello all over my phone 2 weeks later.
4. Put shots into the fridge overnight so the jello can set. I've tried doing them and only allowing about 4 hours for them to set, but I think the vodka slows down the process, so I have found overnight works best.
I have a nifty jello shot carrier, which is actually a Martha Stewart cupcake carrier. I like to think she appreciate the less than conventional use of her product. See...
5. After they've set take them out and enjoy!
The process for making any other jello shot a basically the same. Simply replace the coke with water, and feel free experiment with other jello flavors and liquors!